Leadership Beyond the Club A basic overview of District, Tri -district, Zone and International structures of Rotary. Understanding and Utilizing the Rotary Foundation An orientation to the programs of TRF, how they relate to Rotary International, and how they can be accessed and utilized by Rotary clubs to accomplish their goals. Collaboration and Funding to Meet Needs Helping leaders to think outside the box regarding tackling and funding larger needs that are beyond the abilities and resources of a single club, and often require extending beyond a single Rotary year.
Second Semester(January, February and March)
Building on a Heritage of Leadership and Accomplishments A review of who your District Leaders have been and what your District has accomplished so far. Club and Membership Growth and Retention Examining what attracts people to Rotary Clubs and keep members interested and active. Rotary’s Fiduciary Responsibilities What are a Rotary club’s responsibilities to its members, its contributors, its community, the government and to Rotary International? How can liabilities be evaluated and minimized?
In addition, there is required participation in certain district meetings and some additional assignments such as the following examples to be completed:
- An International Home Hosting Experience — involving one or more of the following:
- Hosting a Group Study Exchange team member or leader
- Hosting a Rotary Youth Exchange student
- Hosting a Rotary Friendship Exchange participant
- Hosting a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar
- Hosting some other visiting international Rotarian or Rotary leader
- Tri-District Arizona Rotary Participation — involving two or more of the following:
- Participation in Arizona Tri-District PETS, SETS & More
- Participation in the Arizona Rotary Vocational Fund Board Meeting or help Initiate a Scholarship Application
- Attending an Arizona Rotary Gift of Life-Arizona Board Meeting
- Hosting an Arizona Rotary Gift of Life-Arizona recipient child and parent
- Rotary District Participation — involving three or more of the following:
- Attend a District Rotary Foundation Seminar or • Dinner •
- Attend a District Membership Seminar •
- Attend a District Finance Committee Meeting •A Past Club President must be nominated by one of the following:
Attend a District Club Assembly Attend a District Conference Serve as an Assistant Governor Write an article for the District Newsletter
Current District Governor, Past District Governor, Current Assistant Governor, Current Club President or a Graduate of theLeadership Academy Note: There is a $100.00 tuition fee to cover costs of the program, which is due with the Letter of Understanding and Nomination Form. Should you drop out prior to August 15, the $100.00 will be refunded, but not after that date.